Sunday, December 16, 2007

Unleash The Animal Within

Well the time is at hand. Shaun has purged his knees of the gnomes and it seems I have finally rid myself of the cretins that have taken up residence in my sinus cavities.
Finally after 2 weeks of being sick I am able to focus on the final days of training and realizing that the time is at hand, take the bike apart and pack it for the coming adventure. Given that I have made it this far I can only wonder what the odds are of the baggage handlers managing to reroute my bike to the likes of Mongolia where it will do neither myself nor the lucky recipient much good (imagine Genghis Khan and the hordes attacking on bikes)!
Of course there is the Mrs, truly in line for sainthood for having put up with the slow transition to SA time which sees me getting up at 1:30am so that I will be in sync when I get to the race. At least the white noise generator (read that to be the indoor trainer) lulls her back to sleep and we manage to get a couple of minutes together in the morning before I head to the office and another couple after I walk into the apartment and head right off to bed. All work and no play makes jack a dull boy (but hopefully enables him to ride the single speed to the end).
With visions of the race dancing through my head I can hardly wait to board the plane and get the adventure under way. I am sure by the fifth day I will be cursing the hardship and pain that the race holds in store. Somehow up to how I have managed to avoid thinking about this aspect of it.
Good luck to all and see you in Knysna. IF SINGLESPEEDS RULE!

No comments: