Sunday, December 16, 2007

C-Dubs Goes To South Africa

New York City (mid January) - Finally after a rather warm start to the year with temps touching 70F and a few great mtb rides it is back to the grind of the rollers and trainers in the apartment in the city.
Nothing quite like the beauty of riding along and hearing the sirens blaring and the lights flashing......and all of this at 5am while I am trying to get my ride in before work. The only thing driving this insanity is the idea of mounting my Independent Fabrication singlespeed and rolling up to the starting line in Kynsna and the visions of rolling across the finish line in Lourensford for that big glass of wine.
These days it is all consuming....get up early, ride, work, come home and sleep. I think I still have a wife but I am sure that she sometimes wonders if she has a husband that is sane!

No comments: