Sunday, December 16, 2007

Icicles From My Nose

And just when you thought it couldn't get any colder.......weekend temps were hovering near 10F (-12C) with windchill at -17F (-27C), just what one would view as ideal training conditions. I actually contemplated going out for a ride but the previous days snow, followed by rain, then snow and finally plummeting temps left a wonderful layer of snow on top of ice. Visions of crashes and broken collarbones kept me in the house on the trainer for the riding but I did venture out to practice the hike a bike sections by wandering around in the woods climbing hills and following trails until the cold won out and I went inside for a warm 18 year old (Single Malt) and a nice hot shower. The next week doesn't seem to hold anything better so it should prove to be a mind numbing week of trainers and rollers!

No comments: