Sunday, December 16, 2007

Global Warming?

The buzz word today is Global Warming......could be, most likely is (especially when I go out for a ride in January in New York and it is 70F) but then a couple of weeks later and the temps have swung around and the mercury is hovering at 6F and the wind chills are -10F.
Still I plod on with the training, in front of the tele grinding out the mind numbing miles on the trainer, my mind being entertained with visions of the Klein Karoo and the entire series of Jackass (wonder if all of this training qualifies me for the show).
Well what to do.......go south, like in heading to the Caribbean for a long weekend to start on the tan for the race and try to get used to the warm weather that lies ahead. Well Al Gore what the hell is going on? Drum roll please.......... and the weather in Turks and Caicos is a balmy 70F and with the windchill it is in the low 60s (brrrrrrrrrrr). The only thing to do is run to the bar and fill my belly with rum and hope for the best.
Could it be that the cool weather is to follow me? Come prepared for anything because the way this is going I wouldn't be surprised to see snow during this race and lions and giraffes hanging out together!

No comments: