Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dark Horse 40 - Revenge of the Killer Bees

Simply put, at this stage in the season I was burnt out mentally and physically but being that this race is in my home court I wanted to come out in support the local bike shop sponsoring the race. In true sandbag fashion I rode to have fun and entered in the sport single speed class. For most of the first lap I swapped places with the lead single speed until I burped a tire and had to pull off on a fast section to make repairs. Due to the tight racing I had to stand and watch as countless riders went by before there was a space to pull back onto the course and get going again. A bit further along the course I rounded a bend to find a swarm of pissed off yellow jackets clouding the trail. Surviving the "ride of death" through the cloud I realized that it was time to pack it in and go home to a cooler full of beer and call it a season. Sadly after 4 seasons of racing I finally had to put a DNF in the books.

No comments: