Sunday, December 16, 2007

Took My Beating And Enjoyed Every Minute Of It

The taste of the dust from the Klein Karoo might never leave my mouth (and for that matter I really don't want it to) and the feeling of crossing the finish line in Lourensford, as with a good wine, will only get better over time.
To say I had a great time is an understatement and will never do justice to the race and all of the work that went into it. I can not praise the organization and staff of the event enough for all of the hard work that went into making such a good time for all of us riders.
And of course over all the days of riding the friendships that arise are plentiful and helped us all get through the day. To the entire peleton I want to say thanks for all of the support (pulls on the flats, etc.) that you provided to the insane single speed team. Knowing that the pack was pulling for us to make the finish was one of the best motivators one could have as we struggled through some of the tough sections of the course.
Stephen and Jeff, I never did get to buy you that beer at the finish but thanks for the fun when I rode my "Harley" along side that beast of a bike called a tandem.
Jasper and Natalie, you guys are the best and make it a relaxing time after the races.

No comments: