Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Benign!!!!!

Nothing could sound better to hear then the doctor's words, "it's benign". That is just what I wanted and got to hear the other day. Cuts, bruises, aches, pains and soreness are feelings that we have all become used to from years of hard training and racing. But when the soreness stays and tissue starts to mass the concern factor rises dramatically.
Not one to fear going to the doctor I set off to see my physician, only to be instructed to head to NYU Cancer Center to get the complete run down. Being instructed to head to such a place doesn't exactly make you excited. Then you get there, wait a lot, see a doctor, wait a lot more, see another doctor, x-rays, probing, prodding, doctors consulting doctors and finally the only word I wanted to hear.....benign!
For now all looks good and it is back to work and training, all with a big smile on my face and a bit of a hangover from the celebration.

No comments: